Monday, February 21, 2011

The Ultimate Zen: Origami.

Origami is good for the soul. lol. At least, for me it is. I spent the majority of my day avoiding all the things I really needed to do [[laundry, homework, shower]] by making origami flower bouquets for the Freshman Spring Sing directors, Weston and Megan.

I don't wanna brag, but I'm pretty beast at origami. =] I made bouquets of lilies for them, and for our Freshman Rep, Amy Kelly, I made lotuses on a board. I really hope they like them... Especially since it took me hours to figure out the best way to present them. lol. But that's not the point.

The point is origami=relaxation. For me. I usually use my origami paper to help myself achieve a goal I set for myself:: to make 1000 paper cranes by the end of the semester. Why on earth would anyone subject themselves to that tedium, you may ask. Well, legend says that if you make 1,000 paper cranes, you get a wish.

Or long life... But I prefer to think I get a wish =D

I'm such an optimist =]=]=]=]=]
But anyways, what I mean to say in this post is this: I love to relax, and I love to do origami to calm my mind. Kind of like when I knit. It gives me a goal that I can focus my mind on instead of the craziness that goes on in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment